Tuesday 27 June 2017

Salmon & Edamame Salad - Easy Diet Recipie

After a winter of everything but fresh greens, all I’m craving is fresh greens. I’m also trying to get more seafood into my diet, and salmon is a go-to favorite. Usually, I eat salmon baked with spicy honey mustard glaze, which is excellent but doesn’t do much on the fresh green's front. And then I realized – why not eat the salmon with a salad. Yes, I know this has been a thousand times over, but it was a revelation to me, and really broke me out of the same old, same old salmon rut I was in. And it couldn’t be easier.

Ingredients:

 

    2 skinless salmon fillets, poached in water and flaked into bite-sized pieces large head of crunchy lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
    1 carrot, grated
    1 bunch of scallions, diced
    1 package of edamame, cooked

Process:

Toss the salmon and vegetables, and drizzle a little tamari sesame dressing over it. To make the dressing, mix the following ingredients in a pint mason jar –

    1/2 cup tamari (or soy sauce if gluten isn’t an issue)
    1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
    1/4 cup sesame oil
    1/2 cup honey
    1/4 cup oil (I used canola, although I’m trying to figure out a better version to use – coconut is solid at room temp and olive has a flavor that’s too pronounced… but at any rate, use the liquid oil that you’re most comfortable with)

Shake the ingredients well in the jar and dress your salad. There will be plenty of dressing left to stick in the fridge for other salads, so don’t just dump the whole jar on the salad bowl – a little goes a long way. And the dressing will keep at least a few weeks if not a month in the fridge – if it lasts that long!

0 comments

Post a Comment